[Slackbuilds-users] The latest jdk on slackbuilds.org (JB)

JB yochanon at lavabit.com
Wed Apr 17 13:48:09 UTC 2013

On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 08:41:17 +0700
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <willysr at gmail.com> wrote:

> > don't worry Antonio for your side note: I think java has proven enough to be
> > worse than swiss cheese so I don't need a crystal ball to say that there
> > will be lot more in the future.
>
> Well, less than 24 hours and here they are: JDK 7 Update 21
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/security/javacpuapr2013-1928497.html
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/7u21-relnotes-1932873.html

  So? When any kind of 'oops' or malfunction or vulnerability happens in important
  (and often non-important) linux apps/libs/kernel/whatever, doesn't someone who
  works on that particular 'whatever' get on it as soon as possible and have a 'fix'
  out - as soon as possible? I've seen it happen for the past 13 years. How can the
  Java team fixing things as quickly and as often as necessary be such a wrong thing
  to be derided?

--
"Americans [have] the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the citizens of
other countries whose governments are afraid to trust their people with arms."