[Slackbuilds-users] The latest jdk on slackbuilds.org

Thomas Ronayne ronayne.thomas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 11:19:23 UTC 2013

... and here's the US-CERT notice issue 17 Apr 2017: US-CERT Alert
TA13-107A: Oracle has released multiple updates for Java SE
<http://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA13-107A>.

I should note that I use the SlackBuild from the /extra directory to
upgrade to the latest version of JDK (I need JDK and JRE for certain
applications and JRE comes-with JDK, so...), which does install the web
browser plug-in but does not re-enable it (I've disabled it in Firefox
and SeaMonkey). I must have Win7 in VirtualBox ('cause some poor souls
pay me to do stuff with it) and keep it up-to-date as well with the Java
plug-in disabled. If or until Java gets certified by somebody or other
as clean, safe and orderly, I won't be enabling that plug-in and, in
fact probably never will enable it again (just 'cause I don't miss it
when it's gone, so, heck with it).

Hope this helps some.

A riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.