[Slackbuilds-users] calibre update tested and reccomendation

Kees Theunissen C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl
Mon Dec 2 19:47:11 UTC 2013

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013, King Beowulf wrote:

>2. For "$PRGNAM-gui.desktop" (ie calibre-gui.desktop) I suggest we
>capitalize the menu file name:
>
>Name=calibre

>Name=Calibre
>
>Some DE menus will then sort the name name "correctly."  For example,
>Xfce sorts capitals before lower case letters (If anyone knows how to
>change that I am "all ears").

Xfce uses the environment variable LC_COLLATE to determine the sorting
order. On an out-of-the-box Slackware system this will be set to
LC_COLLATE=C.

Be aware that changing this value might affect the execution of lots
of shell scripts (if those scripts silently depend on a sorting order
not defined in the script).

>From the bash manpage:

  LC_COLLATE
      This variable determines the collation order used when sorting
      the results of pathname expansion, and determines the behavior
      of range expressions, equivalence classes, and collating sequences
      within pathname expansion and pattern matching.

Regards,

Kees Theunissen.

--
Kees Theunissen,  System and network manager,   Tel: +31 (0)30 6096724
Dutch Institute For Fundamental Energy Research (DIFFER)
e-mail address:   C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl
postal address:   PO Box 1207, 3430 BE Nieuwegein, NL
visitors address: Edisonbaan 14, 3439 MN Nieuwegein, NL