[Slackbuilds-users] gksu set of packages not working

mancha mancha1 at hush.com
Fri Dec 6 19:41:52 UTC 2013

Aaditya Bagga <aaditya_gnulinux at ...> writes:

> hello, there seems to be a bug with the gksu set of packages
> (libgtop+libgksu+gksu). they all built and installed, but I get an error
> when I run it.
>
> Anyone knows a fix?
>
> (using slackware 14.1 64 bit with Xfce)

Hello.

The problem you're having is due to "su -c" dropping the controlling
tty. I have posted my analysis and solution to LQ and am waiting for Pat
to weigh in:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/%5Bslackware-14-1%5D-su-c-tty-hijacking-and-some-breakage-4175486942/

In the meantime, your specific problem with gksu was reported by aszabo
in:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/gksu-error-slackw14-1-and-mate-1-6-a-4175486570/

Specifically, posts #22 & #23 outline the way I helped him solve it.

--mancha