[Slackbuilds-users] RFC: drop or merge qemu-kvm

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 09:06:22 UTC 2013

2013/2/26 Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org>

> > yes, aqemu development seems stopped so it doesn't support this new
> > version very well...
>
> Hrm, I'll admit that most of my qemu usage is via custom scripts,
> but best I can tell, aqemu behaves mostly fine so long as that
> qemu-kvm symlink is around (otherwise, it doesn't think KVM is
> supported at all).

yes, my fault Robby.

Just tested and can confirm this: I had tried it in the past with previous
qemu versions (1.3.0, if I remember well) and had some problems, but with
the latest stuff and the symlink (that doesn't disturb libvirt at all)
behaves pretty ok (besides not supporting usbredir, it seems).

Matteo