[Slackbuilds-users] RazorQt build problem...<SOLVED>

JB yochanon at lavabit.com
Sat Jan 5 18:02:43 UTC 2013

On Sat, 5 Jan 2013 11:48:32 -0600
JB <yochanon at lavabit.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Jan 2013 14:49:26 +0100
> Matteo Bernardini <matteo.bernardini at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > that doesn't seem to be the error, maybe is above in the build log.
> > the only dependency not in a full install of Slackware is libstatgrab.
> >
> > Matteo
>
>   Already had the libstatgrab installed before trying the razor build (sorry, I
>   called it a requirement and meant dependency).
>
>   Okay, I saw/found these also:
>
> /usr/include/X11/extensions/Xdamage.h:26:39: fatal error:
> X11/extensions/damagewire.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated.
> make[2]: *** [razorqt-panel/plugin-tray/CMakeFiles/tray.dir/razortray.cpp.o] Error
> 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/SBo/razorqt-0.5.1'
> make[1]: *** [razorqt-panel/plugin-tray/CMakeFiles/tray.dir/all] Error 2
>

>   and at the very beginning:
>
> -- checking for module 'xdamage'
> --   found xdamage, version 1.1.3
> Package damageproto was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `damageproto.pc'
>

>   What's damageproto, how do I install it and how do I add it to the
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH?
>
>   JB

  That was the problem...needed the damageproto thing. I found it on linux
  packages.org for slackware 14. Once it was installed, razorqt built just fine. Now
  to try it out, heh.

  Thanks Mateo for the push in the right direction!.

  JB

--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.  -Benjamin Franklin