[Slackbuilds-users] povray problem S64-current

Niels Horn niels.horn at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 23:39:50 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Ivan Pavicevic <ivanp84 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Mats, I'll remember that. Povray is only addition to Jmol for more
> beautiful protein models, and I rarely use it. But, it is a useful info for
> me, because I'm planning to write SB scripts for several biochemistry
> related programs, and evenly to share with SB community.
> Cheers, Ivan :)
>
> On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Mats Bertil Tegner <
> mats.bertil.tegner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 06/08/2013 05:21 PM, Ivan Pavicevic wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Greg! Finally, povray is here. I just quickly modifed SB script
>>> as:
>>> elif [ "$ARCH" = "x86_64" ]; then
>>>    SLKCFLAGS="-fPIC -lboost_system"
>>>
>>> to try if it works, but it's a good hint for povray.SlackBuild
>>> maintainer to get a look at LDFLAGS.
>>> Thanks again, and cheers :)
>>>

>> It also works if you add LIBS="-lboost_system" \ to the ./configure
>> section of the SlackBuild scipt.
>>
>> Mats

As the maintainer of the povray script, I have received some direct
messages about this.
Since I'm very short on time lately, I haven't tested this on -current yet,
but I'm glad you all solved this for me :)

I personally use povray for Lego models, nothing fancy like biochemistry
stuff ;)

I'll include the flag in the next update, so that it will build on -current
systems.

Thanks,

--
Niels Horn