[Slackbuilds-users] on creating users

Niels Horn niels.horn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 20:59:04 UTC 2013

Miguel,

This is not an issue.
If the script creates a package with a file owned by user ABC with UID xyz,
it will be installed with that UID.
If the user does not exist on the box where you're installing the package,
the file will still have that UID.
Listing the files it won't show a user name, just the UID as the owner.

I hope I managed to make it clear :)

--
Niels Horn