[Slackbuilds-users] on creating users

Ryan Northrup northrupthebandgeek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 16:39:31 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Niels Horn <niels.horn at gmail.com> wrote:
> As said previously, I don't like the idea of automagically creating users...
> I prefer solving a problem with a program not working because of a missing
> user then to have users being created without my knowledge, with all the
> security risks involved.

Even if it defaults to not creating the user?  I think that's what
Ivan was going for: default to building a "safe" package that doesn't
create new users, while providing the option for builders to create an
"automagical" package by specifying those users/groups/UIDs/GIDs if
desired.

Just my two cents.

- Ryan