[Slackbuilds-users] Metasploit and Framework duplicate

Andrea Villa andreakarimodm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 18:50:05 UTC 2013

Hi everybody,
I am the maintainer of the metasploit SlackBuild.
As you probably may know, metasploit "changed" his name in recent releases
from "framework" to just "metasploit".
To follow this change, I submitted, as the new official maintainer of the
package, the latest SlackBuild for the newer version of Metasploit 4.5.2
with just the name of "metasploit".
However the old 'framework' 4.0.0 SlackBuild was not superseded by my
SlackBuild, with the effect that searching for "framework" or "metasploit"
produces two results: both framework 4.0.0 and metasploit 4.5.2.
I think the framework 4.0.0 SlackBuild should be removed from the tree.
Best Regards,

Andrea Villa