[Slackbuilds-users] libfm requires the Vim editor!

Dario Niedermann dnied at tiscali.it
Fri Mar 15 18:52:15 UTC 2013

Niki Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr> wrote:

> I'd understand if it was a dependency on Emacs or some other kitchen
> sink. But Vim, come on! It's not as if everything besides the kernel,
> the C library and the shell of your choice is bloat...

Not only Vim is an insanely bloated program, but it's not even
Slackware's default vi-like editor (that would be Elvis).

I think SBo should try to be useful to real-world Slackware users,
not just the arguably small fraction that will install everything
and the kitchen sink as though they were Ubuntu users. Especially when
it's so easy to avoid an unreasonably bloated dependency like Vim.