[Slackbuilds-users] awstats (log analyzer) fails on Slackware 14.0

Kees Theunissen C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl
Wed Nov 6 17:40:48 UTC 2013

To: Nishant Limbachia (package maintainer)
CC: Slackbuilds.org users list

Hi,

I have been playing with "awstats" recently on Slackware64 14.0 and ran
into a few problems. It looks like the package was created for
Slackware 13.x. Is the package still maintained? If it isn't then I
can make an update but currently I can only test on Slackware 14.0
(32 and 64 bits). I have no Slackware-current system running yet.

Issues found:

- awstats depends on low-level/internal handling of regualar expressions
  in perl. This breaks in perl 5.14 and later. See also:
  http://sourceforge.net/p/awstats/bugs/868/
  This can be fixed by using the latest stable version of awstats (7.2),
  but that requires some work on the part of the Slackbuild script
  where the file and direcrory permissions are set.
- Apache 2.4.x running on Slackware 14.0 with nearly out-of-the-box
  config (only /etc/httpd/extra/httpd-awstats.conf included) fails on
  the following lines from /etc/httpd/extra/httpd-awstats.conf:
      Order deny,allow
      Deny from all
      Allow from localhost
  I replaced that with "Require ip 127.0.0.1".
- There is a bug in the "Keep same perms" part of "doinst.sh".
  Instead of:
    if [ -e etc/httpd/extra/httpd-awstats.conf.new ]; then
        cp -a etc/httpd/extra/httpd-awstats.conf.new \
            etc/httpd/extra/httpd-awstats.conf.new.incoming
        cat etc/httpd/extra/httpd-awstats.conf.new > \
            etc/httpd/extra/httpd-awstats.conf.new.incoming
        mv etc/httpd/extra/httpd-awstats.conf.new.incoming \
            etc/httpd/extra/httpd-awstats.conf.new
    fi
  this should read:
    if [ -e etc/httpd/extra/httpd-awstats.conf ]; then
        cp -a etc/httpd/extra/httpd-awstats.conf \
            etc/httpd/extra/httpd-awstats.conf.new.incoming
        cat etc/httpd/extra/httpd-awstats.conf.new > \
            etc/httpd/extra/httpd-awstats.conf.new.incoming
        mv etc/httpd/extra/httpd-awstats.conf.new.incoming \
            etc/httpd/extra/httpd-awstats.conf.new
    fi

Regards,

Kees Theunissen.

--
Kees Theunissen,  System and network manager,   Tel: +31 (0)30 6096724
Dutch Institute For Fundamental Energy Research (DIFFER)
e-mail address:   C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl
postal address:   PO Box 1207, 3430 BE Nieuwegein, NL
visitors address: Edisonbaan 14, 3439 MN Nieuwegein, NL