[Slackbuilds-users] TeX Live 2013

Robby Workman robby at rlworkman.net
Thu Nov 7 21:23:44 UTC 2013

For those of you on Slackware -current (soon to be 14.1) who are
also LaTex users, I need some testing of TeX Live 2013.

To make a long story short, Edd Barrett over at OpenBSD wrote
a python utility (texscythe) to parse the texlive package db
and generate packaging lists, so I made a build for it (it's
in the SBo repo for 14.1, currently git master) and worked up
a short script (see texscythe/contrib/ dir) to generate a
texmf subset with full functionality (I hope).  I'm attaching
the resulting texlive.tar.gz build script and associated files;
you'll just need to download the sources from the .info file.

Please verify that the resulting texlive package will work for
some representative tex files you have.  It seems to work for
mine, but I don't have anything too extravagant here.

If you're interested in seeing the git commit, it's here, but
note that the branch it's in will disappear once texlive-2013
gets merged to master:
http://slackbuilds.org/cgit/slackbuilds/commit/?h=texlive-2013&id=251f5091f2fdcce8abb058b1623144470bfe47b3

-RW