[Slackbuilds-users] Want to help with work toward 14.1 repo?

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Fri Nov 8 20:49:04 UTC 2013

Since Slackware 14.1 has been released, you are probably wondering
how long it will take for us to get our repo ready for 14.1.

Well, we don't know.  However, we do know that we could use some
help.  Have a look at http://slackbuilds.org/CHECKLIST

That list is (currently) about 3000 different things that we have
no idea as to whether they build properly on 14.1.  If you have
access to 14.1 virtual machines (or real hardware, but that gets
a bit dicey sometimes) in both 32bit and 64bit and are willing to
spend some time doing test builds, you can help.

If there are things on that checklist which you can confirm will
build properly on both 32bit and 64bit Slackware 14.1, then we'd
like to hear from you.  Reply to this message with a list of them,
and we'll remove them from the checklist.

The sooner we get everything checked out, the sooner we'll have a
14.1 repo available.  Thanks in advance :-)

-RW