[Slackbuilds-users] nvidia-legacy96 now compiles on 14.1

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 06:35:44 UTC 2013

Hot off the presses!  Some smart cookie over at Arch was able to
backport patches from nvidia-173 to get nvidia-96 to compile on newer
kernels.

NOTE!! I no longer have functional AGP mobos OR nvidia GPUs for this
driver.  Much appreciated if anyone can test on REAL hardware. The patch
allows the kernel interface compilation but does not guarantee that the
driver will work on Xorg server > 1.12

Also, the scuttlebutt I have is that the nvidia-96.xx will most likely
NOT receive official updates for newer kernels and X server. If you meed
this driver, I recommend that you DO NOT upgrade from Slackware 14.0.

Links to updated tgz archives are here:

https://www.gitorious.org/kingbeowulf-slackbuilds/kingbeowulf-slackbuilds/source/35e41289ae16f4859ab4ef92e195673b99723245:archives/nvidia-legacy96-kernel.tar.gz

https://www.gitorious.org/kingbeowulf-slackbuilds/kingbeowulf-slackbuilds/source/35e41289ae16f4859ab4ef92e195673b99723245:archives/nvidia-legacy96-driver.tar.gz