[Slackbuilds-users] Cant seem to build webkitgtk or webkitgtk3 on Slackware64-14.1

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Fri Nov 15 17:03:44 UTC 2013

Hi Aaditya,

Aaditya Bagga wrote, On 15/11/13 16:52:
> Aaditya Bagga wrote:
>> Matteo Bernardini wrote:
>>> as those looks to me like just warnings, have you tried to let it
>>> finish and see if all goes fine?
>
>> Followed your suggestion, and it seems to be building for *more than
>> an hour *now! How long do you reckon it takes to build webkitgtk? All
>> packages I built previously took 1-2 minutes. And I have a reasonably
>> fast CPU, i5 3210m 2.5Ghz
>
> After an hour and about a quarter-hour, it finally seems to have built!

For advice, some things (even what seems a smaller source code) can
sometimes take longer.

e.g. On my notebook (atom single core with HT @ 1.66), I can build a
custom kernel in 42 minutes.  My server amd64 can build a custom kernel
in 10 minutes.

Yesterday I built Inkspot on my notebook - 4 hours nearly ;)

So until you build, you just do not know - just don't stop it.

Nick
--
FSF Associate Member 5508
http://linicks.net/