[Slackbuilds-users] OUTPUT (was: Re: Cant seem to build webkitgtk ...)

Rob McGee rob0 at slackbuilds.org
Fri Nov 15 18:40:40 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 11:03:46PM +0530, Aaditya Bagga wrote:
> I also have one more idea :)
>
> Before removing the cache, copy the built packages-
>
> cp /tmp/*.txz /home/aaditya/packages

(FWIW I still stick with the default .tgz for mine.)

SBo Slackbuilds support a feature which makes this unnecessary:
$OUTPUT. Run your build as such:

root at darkstar:~# OUTPUT=/root/pkg ./foo.Slackbuild

Or, you could set OUTPUT=/root/pkg in one of your bash startup
scripts, such as in "/root/.bashrc".

Regarding the discussion upthread about clearing /tmp, what I do:
tmpfs for /tmp, so mine is cleared each boot, like it or not. (I've
gotten out of the habit of using /tmp for things which are not
temporary.)
    Rob McGee - /dev/rob0 - rob0 at slackbuilds.org