[Slackbuilds-users] Package for TLP

JK Wood joshuakwood at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 17:53:45 UTC 2013

>>> http://linrunner.de/en/tlp/docs/tlp-developer-documentation.html
>>> https://github.com/linrunner/TLP
>>>
>>> The SlackBuild
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mefiles/files/TLP.tar.gz
>>>
>>> The Source
>>> https://github.com/linrunner/TLP/archive/0.4.tar.gz
>>>
>>> Its my first SlackBuild so..
>>> I built it and installed it my side.
>>>
>>> Note-
>>> See the develepor-documentation linked above.
>>> They have some post install tasks, which I have included in doinst.sh,
but there are also some post-remove tasks, which I dont how to incorporate.

>> Ok, I tried to improve upon the build script by modifying the
configuration files that were being placed in /etc/init.d are now placed as
/etc/rc.d/rc.tlp
>> (The same SlackBuild linked above has been updated)
>>
>> But I still need to figure out how to add the tlp service to startup..
>>
> Ok, I think I figured out how to add it to startup..add it to
/etc/rc.d/rc.local, set in doinst.sh
> so thats done.
>
> But still dont know how to perform post-removal tasks like removal of
this line from rc.local or the other settings done in doinst.sh..

Generally, you want to avoid messing with the user's rc.local. I'd include
information on how to add it to rc.local to the README and let them deal
with it. You could wrap it in a check for rc.tdp existing so that there's
no problem after uninstall, I suppose.

Thanks,
JK