[Slackbuilds-users] Are we there yet?

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 11:19:56 UTC 2013

> We need an older version of shotwell because of gnome deps yadda yadda
> yadda.  But the older versions of Shotwell don't build with newer
> versions of LibRaw.
>
> We can drop back to an older version of LibRaw, but other packages
> also depend on LibRaw, and those packages would thereby lose support
> for newer cameras. This would be unpopular with people who love shiny
> new cameras.
>
> I haven't retried the various older versions of shotwell since the
> deps were refreshed in master, so I'll make another attempt to see if
> shotwell can be rescued.
>
> Or people could learn to live without shotwell, which seems to be
> extraordinarily big for something so feature-poor ;-)
> -D.

I think the reason is because it's not compatible with boost version
in Slackware 14.1
Since newer version needs vala 0.20 and updated webkitgtk which are
now available on master, we could try another shot of this package

I will try to build newer version tonight

Don't downgrade LibRaw just because of shotwell :)

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo
Personal Blog : http://willysr.blogspot.com