[Slackbuilds-users] Samhain Update

Richard Scott Smith pilbender at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 14:28:06 UTC 2013

Now I'm confused.  I don't use #!/bin/bash on anything.  I always use
#!/bin/sh.  Are you referring to the upstream source?  Or was I
inadvertently using bash specific features somewhere in the build script?

Backing down the optimization on 64 bit only portion of the build
scripts should satisfy the multilib compilation.  Can you send me your
changes, a git patch is fine if you don't want upstream changes yet, so
I can test on a multilib system?  Or upstream is fine, just let me know
which branch to pull from and I'll test it.

I know multilib is "not supported", but that's actually how I'm going to
use it for most of my systems.

If you are in a hurry stop reading :-) A side note follows:

My colo provider went out of business a couple of weeks ago.  I was
being auto billed, so I didn't know it until my server went offline.  No
one notified me.  I've been with these guys for 7 years.  So my server
that was 64 bit only, not multlib, is in limbo.  I'm waiting for the
property management attorney to let me have it back since they seized
all the assets of the colocation provider.

My other systems rely on multilib because of skype and other 32 bit only
software.  I'm a consultant and I work with a lot of overseas groups, so
I end up having to use this stuff.  In addition, the kernel from
Slackware 14.1 does not boot in the latest version of Virtualbox, it
actually does work with the 14.0's 3.2.29 kernel.  That's another story.
I installed a 32 bit version of Slackware 14.1 with the kernel from the
previous version.  But that's not a good test system.

In short, my usual test systems are not available.  And I need my other
3 Slackware boxes for work.

I appreciate the feedback on systems I simply don't have working right
now.  I suppose it's time to switch off of Virtualbox and use another
virtual system for testing.  I just haven't had time to look into
changing my working habits.

scott