[Slackbuilds-users] broadcom-sta broken link

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 19:47:06 UTC 2013

On 10/02/2013 02:05 AM, Ivan Pavicevic wrote:
> Ahoy there, It seems that Broadcom no more hosts that version of
> the linux driver, 64bit neither 32... From SBo page:
> http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.0/network/broadcom-sta/
>
> -- If you don't care where you are, then you ain't lost

If you go to the home page link:

http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php

you will see that Broadcom posted new versions as of 10-SEP-2013. You
should just need to modify the .Slackbuild version line from

VERSION=5.100.82.112

VERSION=6.30.223.141

and probably comment out:

# patch -p1 < $CWD/bc_wl_abiupdate.patch

since I think the new version fixes that kernel compatibility issue.
That all said, with my old work laptop that has a BCM4322 chipset, the
b43 driver works better (you will need the firmware and fwcutter from
SBo), YMMV.

-Ed