[Slackbuilds-users] subversion linked to libpq

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Thu Oct 31 04:54:16 UTC 2013

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 16:29:45 +0200
Adis Nezirovic <adis at linux.org.ba> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I know Pat reads this list, hope he sees this.
>
> It seems to me that official Slackware subversion binary is somehow
> linked to PostgreSQL
> (Slackware-Current, subversion-1.7.13, but also v1.7.10):
>
> ldd /usr/bin/svn| grep libpq
>     libpq.so.5 => not found
>
> I've noticed this when I removed PostgreSQL 9.2 package, new package
> for 9.3 keeps libraries in
> /usr/lib64/postgresql/9.3/lib
>
> Can anoyone confirm this?

A bit late, but no.  Unless Pat had libpq installed on his build
machine, that's impossible.  What's more likely is that one of
the libraries that subversion uses was rebuilt locally by you
(e.g. libapr), and that library is linked to libpq, so when
the svn binary tries to load libapr (or whatever), it fails
due to the missing libpq and rolls the error message back up
the stack for you.

-RW