[Slackbuilds-users] Testers wanted for new slint installers

Didier Spaier didier.spaier at epsm.fr
Tue Apr 1 21:17:26 UTC 2014

On 31/03/2014 20:49, Miguel De Anda wrote:
> i tested the 14.1 iso image in spanish. i speak spanish but am not familiar with technical terms in spanish. here are a few notes:
>
> in the welcome screen "Bienvenido al disco de instalacion.... (version 14)" -- should it read 14.1?
>
> woah, cfdisk is in spanish, didn't expect this...
>
> almacenamiento del desplazamiento -- used to define scrollback buffer, i've never heard this term before but i don't know if the term should be different or not. (found in setup help)
>
> when suggesting partition options it suggests "swap de 1-2 gigabytes" then later it mentions "10 gigabytes" for something but shortly after it say "5 - 10 gigas" -- not sure if its better to use the same word here. again, i'm not sure which spanish speakers are most comfortable with.
>
> when installing from http i the message "procesando 1244 paquetes de Slackware..." should probably be in title case or at least sentence case
>
> -- did a full install so didn't tes the other install methods --
>
> at end of installation it suggests "ctrl-alt-supr" - i setup a us keyboard mapping so i'm not sure if it should be localized to my mapping as well as language.
>
> upon reboot, it failed to load lilo. there's an 80% chance it was a user error as i was paying more attention to reading the text than to what i was doing.

Thanks for your time and remarks, that I forward to Diantre, coordinator of the Spanish (Latin America) team.

FYI Diantre, who lives in Costa Rica did most of the translation, that was reviewed by other team members who live in Mexico and Uruguay,
so all Latin Americas (North, Central and South) are represented, but the team has no member speaking Spanish from Spain.

Unfortunately I don't speak Spanish at all (at least beyond "quiero un café con leche, por favor :-) so I can't help there.

About ctrl-alt-supr, I know that in some countries Spanish speaking people use US keyboards (that show del instead of supr) but I don't think we can do much about that.

About lilo, IIRC I often fail to load it at reboot after installation if not installed on the MBR, even with a genuine Slackware installer, but maybe my memory doesn't serve me well.