[Slackbuilds-users] Issues with pdftk-2.02: Missing shared library

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 2 19:17:05 UTC 2014

   The source at pdflabs for pdftk (server edition; the original command line
version) is for the same 2.02 built with the SlackBuild script. However,
when I try using it I see an error preventing it from running:

pdftk: error while loading shared libraries: libgcj.so.10: cannot open

And, that's correct; on -14.1 here I have /usr/lib/libgcj.so.14.

   Just re-built and re-installed pdftk-2.02 but that did not resolve the
error. Do I need a softlink from libgcj.so.14 to .10 or is there another,
better, solution?

Rich