[Slackbuilds-users] ePDFViewer SBo

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Apr 13 13:01:31 UTC 2014

On Sun, 13 Apr 2014, Nick Warne wrote:

> For some time now, ePDFViewer doesn't display images any more for me, and
> as I like the lightweightness (such a word?) of this application, I looked
> into it today.

Nick,

   Is this the same application as epdfview? If so, I have no issues at all
with it. My preferred PDF viewer is xpdf, but sometimes (I suppose depending
on the application that created the .pdf file) it shows only a black
rectangle where text and/or images would be. In that case I use epdfview. My
third PDF viewer is acroread.

   Late last week I found epdfview on my laptop to be corrupted so I
downloaded the subdirectory contents and executable. Rebuilding and
re-installing (using upgradepkg --reinstall) fixed the problem.

Rich