[Slackbuilds-users] nginx maintainer

Larry Hajali larryhaja at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 20:07:02 UTC 2014

Here is what I'm doing with the nginx.SlackBuild file.

1) Update nginx to current stable version 1.4.7
2) Adding GeoIP as an optional dependency that can be used via a command
line parameter USE_GEOIP=yes.
3) Move /usr/html to /var/www/html.  This shouldn't conflict with anything
in /var/www.
4) Add sub-directory conf.d to /etc/nginx.  This will allow to easily
separate different virtual servers from the main nginx.conf file.
5) Update root directory in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf to point to the new
default docroot /var/www/html. Add "include /etc/nginx/conf.d/*.conf;" to
the end of /etc/nginx/nginx.conf to allow for multiple virtual server files.
6) Overall cleanup with the slackbuild.

The only thing that should be noticeable to the end user is that the
default index.html file that ships with nginx is now available at
http://127.0.0.1 when they first start /etc/rc.d/rc.nginx.

Thanks,
--Larry