[Slackbuilds-users] COMPAT32 question

Ryan P.C. McQuen ryan.q at linux.com
Thu Dec 18 00:34:21 UTC 2014

I maintain apulse, which has a COMPAT32=yes switch. I'm wondering how
everyone feels about putting a check for compat32 into the SlackBuild,
and the best way to do that.

I was thinking something like this:

if [ ! -z '$( find /var/log/packages/ -name "*compat32*" -print )' ]; then
  export COMPAT32=yes;
fi

The reason I would like to do this, is that even though I always pass
the flag the first time I build it, like so:

COMPAT32=yes sbopkg -i apulse

I will probably forget at some point when I am updating through
sbopkg's ncurses interface. Now I know we don't technically support
multilib, or sbopkg, but does anyone see a downside to having this
kind of checking in the build?

Furthermore, does someone know a better way to perform this check.
Maybe I should be relying on checking glibc or gcc ...

Thanks,

Ryan

-
--