[Slackbuilds-users] slackbuild(s) failing on S14.1-64 when compat32 installed

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Thu Jan 2 01:52:53 UTC 2014

On Wed, 1 Jan 2014 18:46:46 -0400
Jim Diamond <Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan  1, 2014 at 11:54 (-0500), xgizzmo wrote:
>
> > It breaks Handbreak.
>
> Hmmm... so it does.
>
> Can anyone comment on whether this is a bug in the HandBreak build
> process or whether it is a fundamental problem?

The issue with HandBrake is not relevant, it simply serves as an example of
why we can't sed it into every script in the repo. Who wants to test all
3800+ builds to see which ones can't take this change? For what it's worth,
there are a few scripts in the repo that already have it. That's probably
how this should stay: at the discretion of individual maintainers.

--
Erik Hanson