[Slackbuilds-users] gecko-mediaplayer-1.0.8 build issues w/ new seamonkey libs - workaround attached

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 5 20:24:33 UTC 2014

All,

gecko-mediaplayer stopped building correctly against seamonkey libs as of the seamonkey 2.22 update.  With 2.23 it appears to be related to the code syntax not syncing up with the c++ std, and this can be worked around by specifying that during compile time (simply add ' -std=c++11' to the SLKCFLAGS --see attached diff).  I tested the workaround on 32-bit and 64-bit Slackware-14.1.

The developer, Kevin DeKorte, is working on a fix for this and xulrunner 26 build issues for the 1.0.9 release.

I'd like to thank Stefano Palmeri for pointing out the issue.

--PW