[Slackbuilds-users] Issues with newest spotify SlackBuild

Michael Niemeck michael at niemeck.org
Wed Jan 22 10:39:25 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I have been running a homebrewed installation of the official Spotify
client successfully for quite some time. Last week I wanted to upgrade
to a newer version and saw (to my delight) that the SlackBuild seems
to have been updated, so I gave that a try. Since Spotify removes
older version I had to use the latest package
(spotify-client_0.9.4.183.g644e24e.428-1_amd64.deb (I'm running a
multilib Slackware 14.0.)) and update the version number in the
SlackBuild, but from there on it went quite smoothly. While I can log
in, even using my Facebook credentials, and play music (the things
that seem to usually cause the most grief) I have two issues: (A) Most
panels (my suspicion is, it's those that get filled using HTML),
basically everything except the top and left-hand menus and the main
song list, remain completely blank, and (B) the client doesn't use
JACK anymore. Unfortunately I deleted my previous package, but it was
something around 0.8.3 IIRC, where both of those issues did not show.
Has anyone experienced similar issues?

Mike