[Slackbuilds-users] Tex Live 2014 - Update / Part 2

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Wed Jun 18 23:46:49 UTC 2014

Okay, I've made some changes to my texmf generation script and in
the process scaled back the install texmf quite a bit.  The goal
was to get something smaller (yeah, I'm hoping for eventual inclusion
in Slackware) without removing essential functionality, but as before,
I can't know that without some extensive testing from you.

The tarball names have changed, so be sure to sync everything with
what's currently available (use the rsync link preferably so that
you don't have to re-download stuff that you already have).

  rsync://rlworkman.net/rworkman/sources/14.1/texlive-2014/

biber is also back :-)

Please test with as many different .tex files you can throw at it.
Failure reports are appreciated, but even moreso if you can tell
me what's missing to cause the failure and how important it is to
be in a distro-provided package.

My eventual goal, whether this goes into Slackware or not, is to
have the following packages:

  texlive (the tetex plus a bit more texmf)
  texlive-texmf-tetex-docs (docs for the above)
  texlive-texmf-tetex-src (source for the above, but will probably
                           not be packaged unless someone gives me
                           a compelling reason)
  texlive-texmf-tetex-everythingelse (the name is not set in stone,
                                      but it gets the point across)

I *could* even separate out the "texlive" package into a
"texlive" package and a "texlive-texmf-tetex" package, but I
don't really see much need for that.  It would also complicate
postinstall a bit, but that can be figured out if necessary.

Anyway, go forth and test and report back.  I may not respond
(and almost surely won't do any testing/fixing) for a week or
so; I'm leaving in the morning for Southeast LinuxFest in
Charlotte, NC.  If you're planning to be there, look me up --
I'll have beer :-)

-RW