[Slackbuilds-users] office/Ted

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Mon May 19 05:41:40 UTC 2014

I could swear I replied to this already, but can't find it in "sent
mail". Apologies if it turns out to be a duplicate.

On 5/18/14, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <willysr at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> Yes, forgot to tell you that i'm on 32 bit machine running -current :)
> although it doesn't really matter since current hasn't changed much
> except for newer glibc

Windowmaker specifically is the problem. I tested on 2 different
64-bit 14.1 installs and a 32-bit 14.1. All the other window managers
(fluxbox, blackbox, twm, fvwm2, and even xfce) display the Ted window
just fine. With windowmaker it fails the same way on all three machines
(one of which is a fresh install).

Also got someone on IRC to try it, and he had identical results.

Also tried building Ted-2.23, and got identical results from it, too.

> if you want to takeover, i would suggest to include libpaper as one of
> it's DEPS

I may come back to this someday, but for now I'm done messing with Ted. I
needed it for viewing a handful of RTF docs someone sent me last week,
which turned out to be bogus information anyway (supposed to be chord
charts, but instead they were lyric sheets without chords). Before that
I last needed an RTF viewer in... 2001 maybe?

If you're willing to do it, it might be nice to add "Note: This
application doesn't work with Windowmaker" to its README. Even better
would be if someone who actually needs and uses Ted could take over as
its maintainer (if such a person exists).