[Slackbuilds-users] libgda compile is "brittle" fix

John Vogel jvogel4 at stny.rr.com
Sat Aug 1 12:10:48 UTC 2015

On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 23:39:02 -0700
King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a mish-mash of Slackware64, 32 and multilib installs, and yes,
> multilib is not "officially" supported, but I sometimes NEED to compile
> on the faster multilib box as my VMs are slow due to hardware
> constraints. This may help a few:
>
> When running libgda.SlackBuild on a Slackware64 multilib system, one
> needs to add LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX}" to configure otherwise
> the compile still looks for /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so
>
> The error on Slackware64 multilib without LDFLAGS:
>
> make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/SBo/libgda-5.2.2/providers/ldap'
>   CC       gdaprov-data-model-ldap.lo
>   CC       gda-ldap-provider.lo
>   CC       gda-ldap-util.lo
>   CC       libmain.lo
>   CCLD     libgda-ldap.la
> /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
> make[2]: *** [libgda-ldap.la] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/SBo/libgda-5.2.2/providers/ldap'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/SBo/libgda-5.2.2/providers'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> libgda compiled fine on pure Slackware6.
>
> -Ed

I wonder if this is a pkg-config issue. So maybe builds could add
something like:

PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR="/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX}/pkgconfig" \
CFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS" \
CXXFLAGS="$SLKCFLAGS" \
configure \

so that the correct pkg-config searcg directory matches the
arch for the installation. Just a thought.

John