[Slackbuilds-users] bashisms?

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Thu Aug 27 19:28:22 UTC 2015

On 27/08/2015 18:45, B Watson wrote:
 > Are we supposed to be avoiding bashisms?

I don't know, but I tend to.

We can't rule out that a folk running a SlackBuild have symlinked /bin/sh
to /bin/ash, and replaced the #!/bin/sh shebang by #!/bin/bash in scripts
that must run on bash (or even modified some Slackware scripts so that
they run on a fully POSIX compliant shell. I seem to remember that
someone have reported having done that on LQ).

Else we should make very clear that /bin/sh must be a symlink to /bin/bash.

Cheers,
Didier