[Slackbuilds-users] My packages

Niels Horn niels.horn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 01:02:59 UTC 2015

Greetings to all,

As some of you may have noticed, I've not been able to update my SlackBuild
scripts for some time now.

It's not that I've lost interest.
My whole professional life has been motivated by changes and challenges and
when some time ago the company I work for offered me a new challenge, I
accepted it. At the time I had no real clue about the consequences, but the
idea of branching away from a technical career to an executive position
seduced me (money-wise as well, naturally).
I've learned many new things, like negotiating with legal departments,
collaboration with branches from all aver the world, motivating leaders,
setting goals and encouraging people to work hard to reach them, etc.

But, it came with a price... More responsibility and more work hours.
And that means less time for fun projects like maintaining SlackBuilds, a
blog, homepage, etc.
I miss that, but it is a choice I made and I'm enjoying some of the results.
The only non-professional activity I kept is carpentry. I enjoy building
furniture, fixing anything made from wood and hope to continue doing so
ever after I retire.

I still use Slackware and will continue doing so as long as it exists. No
Windows or Mac for me.

Over the last several months I've received some e-mails requesting updates
of scripts.
Some people I managed to convince to take over maintainership of a certain
package, others not (yet).
Basically, all my scripts are "up for grabs". I've not even been able to
keep track of which ones already have been taken over, so feel free to do a

# find ./ -name "*.info" -exec grep -l "Niels Horn" {} \;

in your local copy of the SlackBuilds repository.
If you have any technical questions about a specific script, feel free to
contact me. It might take a few days to get an answer, but eventually I
will.

For the rest, the very capable administrators of SlackBuilds.org will no
doubt find a way to handle any questions.

Have fun!

--
Niels Horn