[Slackbuilds-users] Problems With Postfix: post-install line 504 and SASL type

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Feb 14 23:21:46 UTC 2015

   When I build postfix-2.11.3 (or the new -3.0.0) there is an error that
prevents postfix from starting. In /usr/libexec/postfix/post-install, on
line 504 the error message is '... test: too many arguments'.

   This did not happen in earlier versions and I've no idea how to fix it.

   Last Sunday I rebuilt and re-installed -2.11.3 from a fresh download of
the postfix and SlackBuild files tarballs.

   The kludge that allowed me to get postfix working again was to comment out
line 504 in /usr/libexec/postfix/post-install:

          # Flag obsolete objects. XXX Solaris 2..9 does not have "test -e".
          if [ -n "$obsolete_flag" ]
          then
504 ->       #test -r $path -a "$type" != "d" && obsolete="$obsolete $path"
              continue;
          else
              keep_list="$keep_list $path"
          fi

   Both cyrus and dovecot are install here (latest versions from SBo). And
this is another issue I'd like to resolve. When I build postfix with
SASL=dovecot, trying to start postfix causes it to throttle and generate
continuous error messages. Building postfix with SASL=cyrus produces a
working set of tools. Installed here are dovecot-2.2.13-i486-1_SBo and
qca-cyrus-sasl-2.0.0_beta3-i486-1.

   A week ago I wrote to the maintainer but have not received a reply.
Resolving these two issues is important.

Thanks in advance,

Rich