[Slackbuilds-users] Problems With Postfix: post-install line 504 and SASL type

Mario Preksavec mario at slackware.hr
Sun Feb 15 03:19:40 UTC 2015

On 02/15/2015 12:21 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   When I build postfix-2.11.3 (or the new -3.0.0) there is an error that
> prevents postfix from starting. In /usr/libexec/postfix/post-install, on
> line 504 the error message is '... test: too many arguments'.
>
>   This did not happen in earlier versions and I've no idea how to fix it.

This question was answered a month ago and it can be found on this list.
To answer it once more, you are probably missing quotes in main.cf (path
variables). To make sure, you should probably check this and any other
files that postfix loads.

> When I build postfix with
> SASL=dovecot, trying to start postfix causes it to throttle and generate
> continuous error messages.

Care to share those errors?

>   A week ago I wrote to the maintainer but have not received a reply.
> Resolving these two issues is important.

Actually, I've been sending in updates to postfix/dovecot for past 4-5
years. I am not the official maintainer, so I tried to keep changes
small, for better or worse.

--
Mario