[Slackbuilds-users] UID/GID for another Dovecot case

Thomas Szteliga ts at websafe.pl
Sun Feb 15 03:49:58 UTC 2015

On 02/15/2015 01:42 AM, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
> please use 303 for vmail

I'm not sure if this (303) is a good idea?
Everywhere I look I see uid 5000.

I'm running Dovecot + Postfix on multiple machines,
and I'm always using vmail/5000.

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/VirtualUserFlatFilesPostfix
https://workaround.org/book/export/html/60
https://workaround.org/ispmail/squeeze/setting-up-dovecot
http://www.openchange.org/cookbook/backends/sogo/dovecot.html
https://www.linode.com/docs/email/postfix/email-with-postfix-dovecot-and-mysql-on-centos-5

And as Slacker stated, this is not required for building
packages, so I don't think this should be defined
in http://slackbuilds.org/uid_gid.txt

The vmail user/group is not required for packaging
and fully optional during dovecot usage. Slackbuilds do
not create users/groups so the vmail group should not be
defined there.

For example, on some machines I'm using separate vmail
groups for separate customers, starting with vmail/5000,
vmail2/5001, vmail3/5002...

--
Thomas Szteliga