[Slackbuilds-users] Mathics SlackBuild

David Melik dnc at hipplanet.com
Mon Feb 16 05:13:28 UTC 2015

Recently I successfully made a SlackBuild of Mathics (a Free/Libre/Opensource Software version of part of Mathematica, arguably the main academic mathematics programming language and software system). However, it uses Python, which I do not know. I would like someone to take over this build and submit it to SlackBuilds.org (SBo). If you want to, please let me know, and download http://temple-of-mathematics.com/david/math/code/mathics+deps.tar.gz , which has my SlackBuild and notes on what I had to do, or what else might have to be done to make it ready to submit to SBo. My archive file may also contain the source, but you should get that from mathics.org. They show a zip on the first page, that I used, that is not perfect for making a GNU/Linux version, and they have a source area on github or something, that has a .tar.gz, but that also has the aforementioned zip inside it (duplicating almost everything)... so, the project needs some more work, and unfortunately, may not have a maintainer right now... but I thought it was a pretty important SlackBuild, compared to all the other math software that are not so academic standard...

David
http://www.cwu.edu/~melikd (homepage on most stable site)
http://temple-of-mathematics.com/david (homepage--same--updated first)