[Slackbuilds-users] xrdp v0.6.1 multiple issues

mancha mancha1 at hush.com
Wed Feb 18 20:32:07 UTC 2015

As Alex reports on LQ (https://tinyurl.com/o2wsgyf), xrdp has a
bug when checking for disabled shadow accounts.

I developed a fix which has been accepted by upstream.

Fix:
http://sf.net/projects/mancha/files/misc/xrdp-v0.6.1_disabled.diff

In addition, xrdp 0.6.1 has a few more problems I developed patches
for based on xrdp's development branch:

1. segfault on NULL return from glibc (as can happen on glibc 2.17
onwards) and inability to validate shadow passwords hashed with
SHA256 or SHA512 (Slackware 14.0 onwards defaults to SHA256-hashed
passwords).

Fix:
http://sf.net/projects/mancha/files/sec/xrdp-v0.6.1_crypt.diff

2. states aren't cleared between connections leading to
unpredictable behavior when changing modules and/or module
parameters in the xrdp login window.

Fix:
http://sf.net/projects/mancha/files/misc/xrdp-v0.6.1_cleanup-state.diff

Feel free to use them in SBo's xrdp package.

--mancha