[Slackbuilds-users] pitivi is broken (possibly beyond repair)

Ryan P.C. McQuen ryan.q at linux.com
Fri Feb 27 00:43:19 UTC 2015

Slackers,

It seems that pitivi's age is really starting to show. It just won't
launch anymore, it may have broken when some dependent package
upgraded. I've had some users email me to see if I knew a fix, sadly I
can't seem to find one.  :-(

If someone would like to take over pitivi and get it working again
that would be awesome. I spent hours trying to get a newer version to
build, only to realize that it had a LOT of dependencies that weren't
on SBo. Eventually I gave up. I'm not using pitivi anymore, so if
someone wants a good project, it is open!

Otherwise, we should probably remove it from SBo.

Thanks and happy slacking!

Ryan

--
---