[Slackbuilds-users] Question about Dropbox

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Thu Jul 2 08:57:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm currently running Dropbox 2.10.41 on all my computers, and this is
also the version I have in my MLED repository.

I considered upgrading to the latest version (3.6.7), but then I read
the following warning on SlackBuilds.org:

"Version 3.x has started using local QT5 libraries for the UI.
The current version still does not show the tray icons well or at all.
The synchronization engine is not effected by it and even if there is
no tray icon the synchronization works."

Now this makes me want to stay with version 2.x, since the tray icon is
quite useful when Internet bandwidth is limited.

Q: what's the latest 2.x version of Dropbox, and where can I eventually
get it?

Cheers,

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat