[Slackbuilds-users] nginx permissions?

Miguel De Anda miguel at thedeanda.com
Mon Jul 13 03:22:22 UTC 2015

basically it was to undo what the slackbuild did:

# Make the temp path.
mkdir -p $PKG/var/lib/$PRGNAM
chmod 0700 $PKG/var/lib/$PRGNAM

i'm not sure of the details of nginx creating the folders but i think
its trying to create the folders as the user nginx runs as but since
it can't access the /var/lib/nginx folder then that process fails. its
hard to identify the problem b/c the fastcgi stuff worked until the
payload was too big and it had to use the file buffers. took me awhile
to figure it a long time again and i had to figure it out again last
week when i setup a _new_ machine.