[Slackbuilds-users] fontforge

korgman korgie at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 07:51:24 UTC 2015

On 19/07/2015 02:54 πμ, Steve Wood wrote:
> Is anyone else having issues with downloading the fontforge tarball
> from SBo? It's making it hard to install lilypond.

README says: remove old version before building. Maybe is this?

But here cidmaps.tgz is missing and fontforge is down here for maintenance.

I  am using old version of lilypond (for personal reasons: lazy to upgrade.)
lilypond-2.16.2-i686-2_SBo

with fontforge 2012 version (from slackware-14.0 repo!) I don't remember the reason I was sticking with this. Probably, again lazy, but maybe not :p
14.0/fontforge-20120731_b-i686-1_SBo.txz

Grab it from here if you want it
http://clavisound.no-ip.info/tgz/14.0/fontforge-20120731_b-i686-1_SBo.txz

One version behind.
potrace-1.11-i686-1_SBo vs 1.12
t1utils-1.38-i686-1_SBo vs 1.39

Current versions
guile1.8-1.8.8-i686-1_SBo
mftrace-1.2.18-i686-1_SBo

> I'll try to compile it from the git source.

In those cases I try to mix the repos. I am using old version from SBo (if 14.1 i go 14.0)

It's easy to find the mix either with update in sbopkg or with grep LOCATION /var/log/packages/* if you are using a folder with version number.
PACKAGE LOCATION: /home/myhome/SlackBuilds/14.0/fontforge-20120731_b-i686-1_SBo.txz