[Slackbuilds-users] Download fails in Geogebra

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 11:27:32 UTC 2015

> Hey all,
>
> I just tried to upgrade Geogebra using the slackbuild. The download fails
> with a 404. Apparently they changed the download links. The file can still
> be downloaded from this site:
>
> http://wiki.geogebra.org/en/Reference:GeoGebra_Installation
>
> But they don't provide a very wget friendly download link.

thanks Beni for reporting.
actually the download link seems portable, it's just that they seems
have the bad habit of deleting old versions so the download link
breaks at every update they make: the new one is
http://download.geogebra.org/installers/5.0/GeoGebra-Linux-Portable-5.0.122.0.tar.bz2
in the meantime I self-hosted the previous one on my server and fixed
the dowload link on my branch.
when GeoGebra will be updated for new versions on SBo it will be a
good idea to self-host also the updated version.

Matteo