[Slackbuilds-users] new i3 version and new dep - libxkbcommon >= 4.0

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 10:25:17 UTC 2015

On 3/1/15, B Watson <yalhcru at gmail.com> wrote:

> For some reason, I've got interested in this, and have an idea about how
> it can be built without replacing core Slackware packages. Will let you
> know if it works out (or even if it doesn't).

OK, attached a new i3 SBo tarball. It builds version 4.9, but the way
it works is to revert the Xlib => xcb-xkb changes (but not the rest of
the 4.8 => 4.9 changes). This might be more patching than we'd really
want in a SlackBuild. I'm not an i3 user, so if anyone who uses it regularly
wants to test it, that'd be nice. For me, it at least starts i3, creates a
config file, and I can press e.g. Alt-Enter to spawn terminals (so the
keyboard handling isn't *totally* broken).

I don't want to take over maintenance of i3, I'm just contributing this
patch, mostly just made from a 'git diff' of the Xlib => xcb-xkb commit,
and some manual hacking to get it to apply to 4.9.