[Slackbuilds-users] FFmpeg update

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org
Sat May 23 22:51:26 UTC 2015

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 07:33:01PM +0200, Heinz Wiesinger wrote:
> multimedia/kodi (?)

Hi,

I am running ffmpeg 2.6.2, and tried and compile kodi 14.2 with that
release; it does not compile, kodi seems to rely on an ffmpeg
functions (as far as I understood for dvd support) which is no
longer available in recent versions. So, kodi has to be compiled
with the version of ffmpeg it contains, which is older. Maybe the
upcoming kodi 15 will avoid that issue, I have not tried yet.

Regards.

--
					    Gilles.