[Slackbuilds-users] fglrx slackbuild

Tim Dickson dickson.tim at googlemail.com
Tue May 26 09:22:42 UTC 2015

I am working on a fglrx (amd/ati proprietary driver) package.
I am unsure as to what version number to use as the drivers have more
than one name.
the downloadable driver is amd catalyst omega driver 14.12
but the linux driver inside is the fglrx 14.501.1003
I think I should call the package fglrx but I am leaning towards the
14.12 for the version number to use.

Is there any sbo policy for such cases?

When I get it (the package) done, I would also appreciate some testing
from other sbo users with real current ati hardware. The down-side of
testing is needing real graphics hardware, so virtual machines can't be
used. I will have tested it on a dual boot pc with A4 6300 apu at my
place, but it is very time consuming so help testing would be appreciated.
regards, Tim