[Slackbuilds-users] FFmpeg update

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Thu May 28 16:45:50 UTC 2015

>> Thanks, but what about the problem where it breaks the permissions on /tmp?
>>
>> morticia# ls -ald /tmp/
>> drwxrwxrwt 25 root root 20480 May 26 15:23 /tmp/
>
> here on my VM it gave different results
> ls -l /tmp
> drwx------   2 apache  apache     4096 May 26 21:48 zm/

sorry willy, I think David was referring to the permission of the /tmp
directory itself: from what I have understood it seem to overwrite the
normal permissions of 1777 with 0755...

BTW, I tested these with the new ffmpeg/x264 and they seems to work fine here

audio/audacity (I used the archlinux patch)
audio/cmus
libraries/wxsvg
multimedia/dvdstyler

also these build fine

libraries/chromaprint
libraries/libunicap (this builds)
multimedia/gpac
libraries/gst1-plugins-ugly
multimedia/avidemux
multimedia/kdenlive

regarding cinelerra I was able to build its -cv git version but I
think it definitely needs a maintainer (it doesn't work too well as
is). so I would be for dropping it if nobody steps in in place of
Giovanne Castro (that left maintainership of his stuff a while ago).