[Slackbuilds-users] FreeBASIC

J E Garrott Sr johnga1 at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 8 05:27:49 UTC 2015

The SlackBuild for FreeBASIC does not seem to work on my Slackware64
system.  When the package is made and installed, fbc cannot find the
libraries.  It looks for them in /usr/lib instead of /usr/lib64.

I made my own package (by hand, guess, and bygolly)  :)  I got it to
work, then
compiled and built a new package.  It still put the libs in /usr/lib,
but this time
the path was /usr/lib/freebasic/linux-x86_64.

So far I haven't come up with a fix for the current SlackBuild, but
thought I'd
give a "head's up".  Might save the next one to try it some trouble.

John